As the news of the current situation in Israel continues to be reported all over the media, we would like to share the enclosed update received today from Israel.
July 30, 2014
To: The Tourism Trade
Re : Events in Israel
In reply to questions regarding tourist arrivals to Israel, we recommend noting the following points.
Headlines about Operation Protective Edge can be alarming, but the reality at the time of writing is that:
1. Currently there are thousands of overseas tourists traveling, enjoying the attractions, weather and surroundings throughout Israel. Yes, there are cancellations, but groups and individuals continue to arrive daily and they feel safe and enjoy themselves, according to their testimonials.
2. The Ben Gurion Airport is open and has been operating nonstop. The Israeli Airlines and foreign carriers have maintained their regular flight schedules to and from Israel.
3. Tourism sites, museums, holy places and attractions are open and operating.
4. The Ministry of Tourism is in contact with all relevant authorities to answer all questions which may arise.
5. For more detailed information please contact the Israel Government Tourism Office in your area. A list of the Offices is located in the site: http://www.goisrael.com/.
6. For your information an updated message to the tourist, along with testimonials of tourists currently visiting Israel can be found in the above mentioned site in different languages.
Senior Deputy Director General & Head of the Marketing Administration,
Israel Ministry of Tourism